Need help in Buying a Car

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ambarsariya, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ambarsariya

ambarsariya New Member

Hi guys,

I need Suggestion in buying a car....

One of my very good friend in bangalore is selling his car.
    Car is Santro xing (top model) 2005 model, registered on Karnataka number.
    Car has run 1,20,000 Kms. and as per i have seen the car condition its still running like a new car. There's not even a single problem in the car's engine or other parts.. apart from minor mirror motor issues.

He is selling that car to me for 1 lac Rs. and he will give me the RTO office Noc for the smooth registration in punjab.

What kind of problems i can face if i buy this car and dnt register it in Punjab.

As per the condition i told, what maximum kms. the engine can run for this car.

Also, what kind of problem i can face if i don't drive this car for long time (say 1-2 weeks).

Many thanks
    SK

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

120K is a lot of Kms for that small engine

now car can do max of 250K i guess on that engine but am not sure how he drove and the service history was like

3. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Yea dats alot of for small car. I better suggest u to buy a car wid less km's on it nd registration is also tuff job in punjab unless u got gud hold in dto office. Y buy petrol??? U can also go for sum gud diesel car. As ford offering cheapeast diesel car as figo.

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

one lac is overpriced for a car driven this much and that old, petrol cars are going for cheap these days, i am sure you can find a better deal, try to haggle him down to 70k

5. martindreen

martindreen New Member

Before buying a car, you need to decide which kind of car do you like most and what is your budget. Besides this, You should know about what kind of facilities you need to have. After that choose a car which suits your budget and fulfill your requirement.

6. stephny

stephny Banned

Go with it. It is the chance for you to buy a used car which is in good condition. I sure you will enjoy a lot with this new car. Your friend has treated this car very well, so you can buy it with this affordable price.

7. jepthabradley

jepthabradley New Member

Buying a used car is often a challenging yet exciting experience. All your research and searching has finally paid off and you have settled on a car that suits your needs, wants, and budget.

8. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

If you planing to buy a used car then first take a test drive and decide whether it is in god condition to go for or not.

9. moishenriq

moishenriq Banned

It is very good for you if you are going to buy your own car and also there are many ways where you can buy a car because many car companies provides their best services for all.

10. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Dear I think you should go with a new car, Now a days buying a new car is easy so can can go with lone option. Santro xing has 1086cc engine and 120K is a lot of Kms for that small engine, Still if you want to go with a second hand car then I would like to suggest you go with any other car. Xing is not a good choice for you because it has been run 120000 kms, Go with any other car you will definitely got a good in your budget. Hope this answer your query.