Ford Ecosport Coming in 2013

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Arun Malhotra, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Arun Malhotra

Arun Malhotra New Member

Ford India, the local unit of US auto giant Ford Motor Company, is planning since quite some time to bring its much anticipated compact SUV EcoSport in the country by the first quarter of next year. As per speculations the automaker will launch the vehicle in both the fuel options – petrol and diesel plus according to few reports, the SUV is also projected to be shipped from company’s Chennai plant.

Ford has made an investment of around $142 million to develop EcoSport at its manufacturing unit near Chennai. The most-awaited compact SUV EcoSport will comes engrafted with company’s 1.0 liter Ecoboost engine and is expected to offer same powerful performance as from Fiesta’s 1.6 liter four-cylinder engine churning out peak power of 120PS and impressive torque of 170Nm.

Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster

2. eather

eather New Member

i dnt knw why companies take delay type of action. mean its launching was due in last 2012. even sm relaible source give info that it will b launch in aug 2012.
    i m waiting egarly for ecosprtt. and postpond my plan for buy dustar, coz my decision will take action after compare dustar and ecosport.
    any way dekhte hai k sabr ka apple......???????

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

they are trying to localise components to bring down cost, thats why the launch is being delayed

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

good thought , will make some work oportunities for the locals and good market for the company innit

5. Arun Malhotra

Arun Malhotra New Member

It will be good if they localize components because ford cars spare part as well maintenance cost is high compare than other brands that's why buyer not interested in ford cars

6. kevin786

kevin786 New Member

The Eco Sports is likely to come with an upgraded version of the Figo’s 1.2-litre petrol engine and the 90bhp 1.5 diesel from the new Fiesta. Pricing will be the key to the Eco Sport’s success and Ford is working towards an aggressive price of Rs 6 lakh for the base model. In this range it will compete Renault duster.

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

the grapewine was that they are gonna introduce it with the 1.0l turbo charge eco boost engine, but i wouldn't put it past ford to give us a third more economical option

8. carpriceinindia

carpriceinindia New Member

The new Ford EcoSport is to be launched in the month of June.Ford EcoSport will be made available in options of three different engine models:two petrol and one diesel.First one is that of the effective 1.5-liter engine, second one is that of the standard 1-litre Ecoboost engine last but not the least is that of the base 1.5-litre engine.