BMW X1 facelift arrives in India on Valentine’s Day!

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Car Lover, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Car Lover

Car Lover New Member

[​IMG]
    2013 BMW X1 facelift
    BMW India is set to launch a midlife facelift of the popular entry-level SUV in the coming days. According to some reports, the refreshed BMW X1 arrives in showrooms across India on Valentine’s Day, i.e. February 14th, 2013. Not much has changed with the X1 since its launch back in 2011, if I recall correctly. The new model though, comes with more than one visual upgrade of which the silver-finish dual-kidney grille stands out.The unique twin-pod BMW corona rings now feature upgraded elements, while the wing mirrors have also been touched upon to tweak the air-flow going around the car. Look closely and you would also find a redesigned sills among other minor changes made to the exterior of the car.The interior too has been given a slight makeover. The dashboard now features more shiny bits and so does the steering wheel. It may be the cheapest BMW on offer in India before the 1-Series arrives, but it ain’t drab; not even a tiny bit. More so, BMW designers have taken a bit more effort to refresh the X1 SUV than their other German counterpart which is truly a welcome move.As far as the power under the hood is concerned, the new BMW X1 will continue to use the same engines as its predecessor. Both the petrol and diesel engines will continue to do the job with the top-spec model available only with a diesel. The BMW X1 is known for its dynamic qualities which set it apart from the rest and will continue to do so in 2013. It is even more fun than a rival all-wheel drive car. The steering is precise and offers really good feedback which is something I have always loved about the BMW X1. That said, premium features like i-Drive will be offered only on the top-end model and so will be the larger alloy wheels.BMW India is set to launch a midlife facelift of the popular entry-level SUV in the coming days. According to some reports, the refreshed BMW X1 arrives in showrooms across India on Valentine’s Day, i.e. February 14th, 2013. Not much has changed with the X1 since its launch back in 2011, if I recall correctly. The new model though, comes with more than one visual upgrade of which the silver-finish dual-kidney grille stands out.The unique twin-pod BMW corona rings now feature upgraded elements, while the wing mirrors have also been touched upon to tweak the air-flow going around the car. Look closely and you would also find a redesigned sills among other minor changes made to the exterior of the car.The interior too has been given a slight makeover. The dashboard now features more shiny bits and so does the steering wheel. It may be the cheapest BMW on offer in India before the 1-Series arrives, but it ain’t drab; not even a tiny bit. More so, BMW designers have taken a bit more effort to refresh the X1 SUV than their other German counterpart which is truly a welcome move.As far as the power under the hood is concerned, the new BMW X1 will continue to use the same engines as its predecessor. Both the petrol and diesel engines will continue to do the job with the top-spec model available only with a diesel. The BMW X1 is known for its dynamic qualities which set it apart from the rest and will continue to do so in 2013. It is even more fun than a rival all-wheel drive car. The steering is precise and offers really good feedback which is something I have always loved about the BMW X1. That said, premium features like i-Drive will be offered only on the top-end model and so will be the larger alloy wheels.