What is Climate Control ?

Discussion in 'Parts Information' started by rishi, Aug 22, 2011.

1. rishi

rishi New Member

What is Climate Control and how is it different to normal air conditioner ?

2. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

The main difference is that air conditioning doesn't regulate the temeperature. With climate control you can set the temperature(for example at 21 degrees) and it will mantain that temperature by regulating humidity, airflow and conditioning.

In short, you dont have to keep turning the ac on/off as climate control will mantain the temperature you set it at. It is a sophisticated system whereby sensers all around the car feed data on the temperature into the system and it tries to control the airflow in the vents to mantain the temeperature.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

thats in most of the cars now isn't it

4. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

Most of the entry level hatches in india dont have them. My i10 doesn't have it.

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

oh but in here i think most of the cars had it. skyline had it too 1996 :|

6. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

Ye i guess...this is one thing that i so badly want to install in my car in india but i heard there is no aftermarket part that converts normal ac to climate control since it requires changing several parts inside the front dash and mounting of sensors all around the car.

And as far as i know Hyundai dealership in india doesn't offer this option. I am still going to ask them though.

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

its not easy converting a normal air conditioner to a climate control system..its quite comprehensive job..! and you have to know all the nuances concerned with with such a conversion, besides i think a conventional air conditioning unit is better suited to the 'urban indian' environment..because it won't automatically channel fresh air(which isn't actually fresh air because in urban india..that doesn't exist..all you get is dirty, dusty stinky air from outside), the climate control switches from recirculatory to fresh air automatically, so i only end up using it when i am on the highway, in city..a normal a/c is more than sufficient.

8. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

Ye but sometimes i feel there should be a setting lower then 1 on my ac. sometimes it gets too cold but when i turn off the ac its back to the old hot and humid. That is why climate control seems like a much better option and in my case a distant dream.