Sold the skyline now Rexx time

Discussion in 'Show us your Ride' started by skyline wala brar, May 29, 2012.

1. skyline wala brar

skyline wala brar New Member

Sold my Skyline R34 a while ago and picked up a MY04 Subaru WRX.
    Mod list so far includes :-
    aftermarket Cobb upipe
    Xforce cat back exhaust
    Xforce downpipe
    lowered king springs
    STI front spoiler
    AP Cobb stage 1 tuned
    Turbosmart BOV
    18" rims with Federal 245 tyres
    and personalised WRC plates :)
    Haven't dynoed it yet but goes hard..

future mods -
    Carbon fibre STI wing
    Grimmspeed EBC
    AP Cobb Stage 2
    Whiteline anti roll & lift kit

Attached Files:

2. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Nice. I lv dis rexi

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

looking good man!

am thinking to sell my one too now !

4. skyline wala brar

Cheers mate, I recon u wanna keep that nice 33 liner of urs coz god knows I miss mine now but my 34 was money hungry bitch and used to cost an arm and leg to fix where as Rex is much cheaper on parts and plenty of access port tuning options available for not much coin...

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I just fixed my skyline man
    it was dead since monday
    I fixed everything myself
    cleaned afm and then found the connections were lose so had to open the afm and the solder it back

spark plugs were effed too. so only found bosch platinum plus 52 dollars for a set of six.. i prefer ngk but ya that will do for now.

its now fixed am gona get a normal car now man. am draining way too much
    rexy are sexy but they lose :p
    I can smoke them anytime but ya saves you petrol i guess
    how many ks on clock?

6. skyline wala brar

yea mate, Liners are amazing rides but can be a pain specially when wiring problems start occuring.. WRX is pretty good on fuel but only if u r being gentle with throttle and when u go hard fuel becomes an issue...
    skyline can smoke rex on a rolling start if u have got serious hp otherwise on dead start GTR might be able to keep not a rwd:)... When u got an up pipe n tbe plus ecu flash tune u r looking at under 5 secs easy on a decent launch plus awd wins hands down on launch coz there is no wheel spin ;) and WRX is about 125o kg if u remove all extra load from it and that's roughly 100-110 kg's less than liner so I recon wont be that easy to smoke coz less kg = more acceleration :D

7. skyline wala brar

Got 113k's on the clock when I bought about 5 months ago now its 126500k's

8. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

actually i think rwd are faster off the line, awd tend to bogg down a bit when you drop the clutch

9. skyline wala brar

As long as ya know how to launch ur ride at dead start u r fine... try dumping clutch at 4-5 k rpm n see how unrestricted engine performs mate... Have owned both cars and can tell ya there is a big difference in rwd n awd turbo launch... Have done few drags with mate's v8 SS n 470hp output eats me on rolling starts but dead start rexy any day..

10. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

yep but thats the operable thing, if you know how to launch...'if' somebody doesn't know how to launch an awd probably, he'll just stall, another thing is the aids in that vehicle, if you have active differential capable of splitting the torque depending on which set of axles have the maximum traction then it is different, i understand that you've owned both types of vehicles but the control systems in those vehicles also play an important part in how they behave

11. skyline wala brar

Mate no offence but u r talkin paper lingo here.. when u drive the car then u know what it feels like n how it behaves on the road or gravel... I can see u drive a merc and I can read online and say thousand things but until I drive it I wudn't know the potential of the car and on top of everythin else it depends a lot on the way u drive...

12. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

This is my second Skyline R33 series II
    First one was Stock with minor mods and was producing abt 190KW on rear wheels

This one I got now has 330 horses on wheels
    Smoked most of the cars on road so far never lost any.

WRX , Evo, even R33 tuned one here I smoked it in few seconds.

It does matter how you drive.
    oh yeh I am running 14 psi boost and Haltech engine managment system.

I like rexys because they are good on fuel . oh well mine is a weekend car I don't really car ;) about petrol.

They got good handling no doubts at all. I might buy that one. never had that before

have driven integra type r, skyline v35 manual , chaser jzx100 , evo 8 manual they all are nice in their class. wouldn't argue

your car 110k? have you done timing belt change or no?

13. skyline wala brar

Yea I got it with major service done so it was all sorted out before and car had all service records so was pretty good...

This rwd vs awd debate is never ending and guess can't decide without a drag :p... Its rally car vs track car, we can't compare apples to oranges.. But yeah, speaking of smokin in straight line or track I wud take u against me yamaha anyday:D 0-100 3.17 secs ;)

Anyways ur ride looks pretty clean as there aren't many nice looking 33's around these days specially with P platers thrashing the shit of 32 n 33's.

14. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

you're right, it depends a lot on how you drive and how you connect with your car, about the paper lingo, yes maybe things on paper are different than actual real world performance but before they actually make their way into they real world they are designed on paper
    i have driven a wrx though, haven't driven it flat out because i don't own it, and its not modded like yours is done up, pardon me i forgot to say congrats on your purchase, its a real looker :)

15. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

I will skip the debate and say that is a really nice car. Congratz on the purchase. Do make a thread if you decide to add stuff to it.

16. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Yeah Yamaha haha na man not racing with bikes at all . its a disgrace :p

I have a full bike license too but not thinking to buy a bike cuz its dangerous in melbourne , lots of idiots
    P platers cannot drive a turbo/performance cars in Victoria so that saves it a bit