Old vs New! The Muscular SX4 vs the Elegant Ciaz!

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by aa3, Sep 29, 2014.

1. aa3

aa3 Super Moderator

Front-Side Profile:

The Ciaz is a bit longer. But when it comes to design, I would rather prefer the SX4 for its better and muscular looks! Also, I feel that the SX4 feels like it is a bit more sturdy!

[​IMG]

Side Profile:

The Ciaz is a bit longer in the wheelbase increasing the overall length. But Maruti had taken the advantage only for the back seat!
    On the design front, the SX4 sedan is derived from the hatchback, which in turn uses a crossover bodystyle. In fact the car’s name stands for “Sports C(X)rossover for 4-seasons.

[​IMG]

Interiors:

The SX4's seats are properly positioned but the Ciaz's seats are a tad too high as you can see from the images. Also, the SX4's mirrors and interiors have the same muscular effect and looks as they are present in the exteriors. One thing you must have noticed, is the rear legroom which is very much greater than the SX4 but the front legroom and headroom and the rear headroom again, tops out in the SX4.
    The additional 150 mm between the wheels goes in enhancing the rear seat space of the Ciaz(decreasing the grip a lot!!!), as can be seen in the cabin images. The Ciaz also benefits from an almost flat floor and rear AC vents.

[​IMG]

Dashboard:

This is the main part where the Ciaz is a bit better than the SX4 because of it's flat finish, etc. But still, the aluminium inserts sliding through the dashboard vertically is a lot more better as compared to the wood ones on the Ciaz.

[​IMG]

Back-Side Profile:

Except for the carbon-fibre inserts on the ciaz, it looks a bit too bland and like another honda city. And the SX4 tops out again with its muscular looks.Also, the Ciaz looks like a mixture of Dzire, City, Manza and Verna. After you look at the rear windows, you could also tell the same!

[​IMG]

I love SX4 and I own one (2007 SX4 zxi with RRP Turbocharger and remapped ecu from UD Motor X) and it always makes me happy and it never let me down!

Thank you and hope that you enjoy this quick comparo!!

Pics obtained from www.indianautosblog.com

Drive Safe,
    aa3.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

I think Ciaz is good enough to take on City and verna.

3. aa3

aa3 Super Moderator

Yes, it is... But the main thing is that it lacks the soul of Sx4 and the fun to drive feeling is also gone. It will keep your pocket happy whereas the Sx4 will keep your heart happy!

Drive Safe,
    aa3.