Motorsporting Interests

Discussion in 'Motor Sports' started by Dhhawal, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

well me and a friend(both of us are from delhi) are thinking of entering some rally events at the end of this year and some of them next year...we are both amateurs at this, but finally we have some time and money to put into this hobby of ours..if any of you guys feel so inclined or interested, please pm me, because i am forming some sort of a club so that all of the people who have been passionate about competing in motorsporting events but haven't been able to show off the driving talents because of insufficient knowledge and support can communicate/educate each other and also exchange advice, so that we can achieve this common objective..

Thanks for the Attention.

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

oh nice . for that are you going to import vehicles? is that allowed?

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

nope..since we are ameteurs we're gonna start off small..with a maruti suzuki gypsy, possibly one that is rally prepped

the reasons are as follows:
    its very robust
    cheap to buy/maintain/modify(relatively)
    and its one of the tried n tested vehicles which have made it through the gruelling raid de himalaya
    doesn't need homologation

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

oh ya gypsy with 4WD option not bad at all

5. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Raid-de-himalya might be too tough and grueling for first timers, event like SJOBA will be nice for experience.
    gypsy is good choice but a roll cage is a must.

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

@dhillon..yea, i guessed as much, even i think the sjoba needs to be conquered first..the raid is tough on the mind..body and even the machines..even the toughest rally pros acknowledge thats its possibly one of the toughest terrains to hold a rally on..! roll cages are a must for any rally vehicle..as is the engine sump guard and tranny guard..! really lookin forward to it..!