Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2012 VDi

Discussion in 'Show us your Ride' started by Dhhawal, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

I had booked the Ertiga the first day it was open for booking, it somehow suited our life perfectly, not too difficult to park, nor too wide, would fit perfectly in our drive, frugal(diesel), and it can seat six adults, so it made the perfect family vehicle for me, second row cooling made the rear seats inhabitable, however when the deliveries started the color we opted for:maroon, was not in stock and we were told to wait(25-30weeks), however through some proper 'extended hand fingering', and we got our hands on our new dhanno yesterday evening
    first impressions:
    somehow the ertiga is both small and large at the same time, its only when you stand next to it, or sit in it do you reailse how big it really is, from the outside it looks like a stretched version of the wagon r, the engine is smoother than the swift, and even with six on board its not a slouch, it has turbo lag below 2k rpm, other than that the disappointing points were that it does not have remote boot lid release for the driver, and that it does not have steering mount controls, seats are supportive and nice, seating posture is great, and NVH characteristics are superb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

some more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lately the ertiga has been piling on the miles, fuel efficiency has increased to about 17.5kmpl as indicated(which is a little optimistic according to me, guess we'll find out the real story at the fuel bunk) this figures is with the air conditioner on all the time in the city
    [​IMG][​IMG]

the engine is smoothening out, and it no longer appears to be gutless at 1200rpm in fourth gear, am lovin it

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

wow looking really nice

and can u fold the rear seats if required.

does it comes with more options like sun/moon roof etc?

nice color btw.

how big was the engine on it?

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

yep...they fold flat, as shown in the pics, nope, it does not come with a sun roof

thanks

engine is the same one as in the swift diesel 1.3l ddis MJD(multijet diesel) but this one has a variable geometry turbine, they have also changed a gear ratios to accentuate pickup

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

oh thats awesome

as long as the pick up is all good then it should be good to go cuz if you have 7 ppl sitting and if it struggles with that , its a waste otherwise

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

the engine is puny no doubt about that, but it reallly does feel larger than its 1.3l, i've driven with 3 adults and 1 child on board, and its no slouch over 80kmph, i haven't been adventerous with it and am trying to keep the revs below 2.5k as of now, before the first oil change at 5k kms, thereafter i can explore the full potential of the engine

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yeah dont rev too much
    guess what
    my engine that i just installed was 6 years old and it ws just sitting there from 6 years. one self and it started after installation
    however my mechanic said treat it as a new . thats why am not thrashing it. i did 7000 rpm today was sluggish a bit

8. michelleon

michelleon New Member

Hi Dhhawal, the pics you have posted above of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2012 VDi is really rocking. This is one of the best model of Maruti Suzuki and support many exciting features which are helpful. Also the color of this car is very nice.