Honda Cbr250R - India Review

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by GTD, Apr 22, 2011.

1. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

[​IMG]

We’ve ridden the newest Honda motorcycle in India and think it’s a bomb. Here’s why!

1. I don’t need to tell you guys this, but it looks like a mini-VFR. And it’s no bad thing at all. Out on the road, the CBR250R’s looks get more positive reactions than the VFR1200, to be honest!

2. Fat Continental ‘Go’ tyres offer superb looks and grip. The front is a 110/70, while the 140/70, both running on 17-inch wheels.

[​IMG]

3. Liquid-cooled four-valve 249.6cc motor develops 25 bhp@8500 rpm and 2.33 kgm@7000 rpm. This gives you enough poke for our road conditions, though a few more horses would’ve made this 167 kg motorcycle seem even lighter.

4. While an indicated 140 kph is achieved effortlessly, the CBR250R still has another gear to spare at this point. However, the CBR’s long-legged character means that acceleration is more satisfying than shattering. Expect around a 9-second run to 100 kph when we get the testing figures ourselves.

5. Throttle response is excellent. The fuel injections system displays no tendency to jerk or baulk at any speed.

6. However, you do need to work the gearbox in city conditions because of the tall overall gearing. Makes for an effortless long-distance bike, though.

[​IMG]

7. Returns close to 45 kpl on the highway being ridden under 100 kph. The cherry on the icing, I say!

8. The 296 mm front disc (and the 220 mm rear, if you need it) works brilliantly with the Combined Anti-lock Braking System, whether you’re on smooth roads or rough. I found it almost impossible to lock up either wheel, except on one occasion in a really bumpy corner that I overcooked. Even then, it recovered before the front could wash out. Superb stuff.

[​IMG]

9. Substantial cycle parts, a strong motor and a stylish appearance make this an extremely appealing motorcycle for India. The clincher? Read ‘10’.

10. Rs 1.51 lakh for the standard model and Rs 1.77 lakh for the C-ABS version make this Honda fantastic value for money and seals the deal. What are you waiting for? Go ride one and see if this Honda is for you!

Courtesy of - bsmotoring.com

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I saw this one the other day in melbourne, that was some indian dude riding this on his Learners permit. It was standing next to aYamaha R1 :p looks okay not bad.. Rear tyre is too skinny

3. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

It's a damn good bike for India at a killer pricing.

Pro's

Best KP/L in its class due to direct fuel injection.
    Price is the lowest in its category(Ninja costs 2.84 lakh) so the buyer wont break the bank.
    Good and comfortable riding position.
    Good of the line and for city riding due to the great low-end torque.

Con's
    Only Single Cylinder whereas Ninja 250r is a twin cylinder.
    Price for the ABS version is a little on the higher side.

In my opinion this will sell like hot cakes since its nearest competitor Ninja 250r costs almost 2.84 lakh. Plus the good mileage for a 250cc is just what the Indian bike riders are looking for with the soaring gas prices. It seems that Honda has again hit the sweet spot between performance and affordability which is a win for the Indian consumer...:)

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Yeah May be its good for India. I haven't been to india In last 3 years. Alot has changed I guess