Fiat's Small Car

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Dhillon, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Fiat Indian is planning to launch a small hatchback in the price range of 3 to 3.5 Lakh.The car will directly compete against Maruti Suzuki Alto.

Rajeev Kapoor, Fiat India’s president recently said, “The small car is under development. We had announced earlier that our intention is to launch it in 2012. The exact timing and details will be shared when we will be ready with the product,”
    Talking further he hinted on the company’s plan for bringing another product through the CBU route and he added, “There are different routes and opportunity to launch a model in India and the completely built unit route is one of them. Every route is open to us and we are still evaluating”

Many Auto experts are assuming that Fiat Sedici could be the one that Fiat wants to bring in India.

Attached Files:

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

hm... now thats not for indian market ..is it

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i doubt it is...fiat really needs a hit in the market...they missed the bus with the palio which the consumers took to very well...but after that for a good three four years..the fiat management in india was snoring thinking that one hit was enough...after that the sales for fiat india never reached the same hieghts...! but i think they have themselves to blame...!

4. automobile planet

automobile planet New Member

I feel Fiat has a good chance once again with a new small car for India. But Fiat has to launch a diesel one, a 3 cylinder multijet will be a perfect engine. Price wise, if it is around Rs. 4 lakh on road I am sure there will be lot of takers.