BMW Z4 to feature a 4-cylinder petrol engine

Discussion in 'International Automotive Scene' started by *kinnu*, Apr 22, 2011.

1. *kinnu*

*kinnu* New Member

[​IMG]

Towards the end of the year, the BMW Z4 will feature a completely newly developed 2-litre engine with TwinPower Turbo technology and an output of 176 kW/240 bhp. Its name is BMW Z4sDrive28i.
    The new supercharged 4-cylinder petrol engine with all-aluminium crankcase, already available in the BMW X1 xDrive28i, provides increased torque, improved performance and much reduced fuel consumption and emission levels as compared to the existing 6-cylinder induction engine model BMW Z4 sDrive30. The absolute figures, including those for the driving performance of the new BMW Roadster, are expected to be finalised mid-year.
    This newly developed engine in the BMW Z4 sDrive 28i uses the globally unique BMW TwinPower Turbo technology. It is fitted with High Precision Injection as well as a turbocharger powered via two exhaust ducts. Other elements of this progressive engine package include the variable camshaft control system double VANOS and the fully variable valve control system VALVETRONIC.The new 2-litre petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology in the BMW Z4 sDrive28i thus sets a further milestone in the BMW EfficientDynamics strategy.