Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi is Indian motorcycle of the year

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Ginni Singh, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Ginni Singh

Ginni Singh New Member

Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi is Indian motorcycle of the year

Indian Motorcycle Of The Year 2008 is Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi

Every year, Indian automobile journalists from different auto enthusiast magazines come together to rate the best cars and motorcycles of the year. This year was no different, and the motorcycle that walked away with the honours is the Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi. The magazines that participated were Auto India, Autocar India, B S Motoring, Bike India, Overdrive and Top Gear India.

The Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi was Indian Motorcycle of the Year for being India's first high-performance sports bike to feature fuel injection, apart from other technical innovations such as oil cooler, tubeless tyres, clip on handlebars, digital speedo, LED tail lamps, gas charged rear shock absorbers and front and rear disc brakes.

The Bajaj Pulsar 220 was picked for being the major player in the performance biking space in the country. Technology, styling, brilliant dynamics and amazing value have given the Pulsar 220 all it wanted to be the chosen one, according to the expert jury.

The Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2008 award proved that it bore the stamp of the choice of expert motoring scribes from across all major automobile mags. The journalists who formed the jury were Rishad Cooper (Autocar India), Aspi Bhathena (Bike India), Shubhabrata Marmar (BS Motoring), Sirish Chandran (Overdrive) and Girish Karkera (Top Gear India).

While zeroing in on the winner the jury had judged the motorbikes on various parameters such as price, fuel efficiency, design, comfort, safety, maneuverability, performance, functionality, environmental responsibility and rider satisfaction among others. In addition, technical innovation and value for money were particularly important factors while deciding on the winner, the sources added. The shortlist included the Bajaj XCD125 DTS-Si, Bajaj 200DTS-i, Bajaj 220 DTS-i, Bajaj Avenger 200 DTS-i, Bajaj Discover 135 DTS-i, Hero Honda Hunk, Hero Honda Splendor NXG, REML Bullet 500 LB and TVS Apache 160 RTR.

JK Tyre sponsored the award - we think!