ABS light on 1997 Honda Accord?

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by insane.nick, Nov 26, 2011.

1. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

So here is the deal, I have a 1997 honda accord with the ABS light on I have jumped the blue connecter under the passenger dash and recived the fault code 2-1. I understand that it might be the ABS motor? Is there a way to test the motor on the car by jumping a relay?

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

this isn't a motor that you're testing but rather what applies the abs is a hydraulic valves that exerts and releases pressure, first things first...the fault code you've read refers to code 21(two long blinks and then one short blink), of the ecu, which you will have to find out if its an obd1 or and obd2 etc. i personally think it could be a faulty wheel speed sensor, but do these checks first(this is a lil elementary but this will help you narrow down the problem)
    1.check your brake fluid level, if its low top it up
    2.remove your wheel and check if your brake pads are worn out, if so replace them
    3.check for uprooted wires around the rotating assembly of the wheel which is where you'll find the wheel speed sensor, if any of these are torn or disconnected, you've found the problem
    4.i have read that in the 97 models the code 21 relates to the parking brake, so check that out before you start doing all the above, best of luck